The City of Conway will be testing for entry level Firefighters on Monday, June 25, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. The testing will take place at the Conway Expo Center located at 2505 East Oak (Hwy 64) Conway, AR 72032. Entry Test scores are good for one year or until the current list is exhausted.
Pre-registration is required to take the written test. Registration will begin at 8:00 a.m. on April 23rd and close at 11:59 p.m. on June 17th. If you do not have access to a computer you may register in person at the Central Fire Station, 1401 Caldwell Street in Conway; Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. (closed for lunch from 12:00 p.m. until 1:00 p.m.).
Any individuals that would like to purchase a study guide and/or practice test may do so at the below link:
Test starts at 9:00 a.m. and no one will be admitted late. You must bring a photo ID.
Pursuant to Ark. Code Ann. § 14-51-301(b)(1)(B)(i) and § 1, Act 743 of the Regular Session, 2007; no person shall be eligible for appointment to any position in the fire department who has not arrived at the age of twenty-one (21) years or who has arrived at the age of thirty-five (35) years; the maximum age limit for appointment does not apply to any person who has at least two (2) years of previous experience as a paid firefighter with another fire department and whose years of experience as a paid firefighter when subtracted from the person’s age leaves a remainder of not more than thirty-two (32) years. Candidates must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- NOThave any felony convictions
- Possess a valid driver’s license
Candidates who receive a passing score on the initial exam must also pass the following to be considered for employment:
- Physical agility test will be held on Saturday, June 30, 2018. The physical agility test is "PASS" or "FAIL" and must be completed within 6 minutes and 30 seconds. In addition to the physical agility test all candidates must complete an aerial ladder climb, the climb is "PASS" or "FAIL" and must be completed within 5 minutes. The agility test is held at the CFD training facility (1525 Sturgis Rd). Candidates must arrive by 7:00 a.m. to check in. Gates will lock at 7:00a.m.
- Physical exam
- Complete background investigation along with a completed Background Packet with required documentation including recent photograph, certified copy of birth certificate, high school transcripts, and if applicable GED certificate and grades, copy of college transcripts, and DD 214 Military Discharge
Candidates must arrive before 9:00 a.m. to check in. Doors will lock at 9:00 a.m. You must bring a photo I.D. in order to take the test.
Starting pay for an entry-level firefighter is $38,582.00 annually.
Educational/Vocational Qualification points will be awarded for the following:
Three (3) points shall be award for Firefighter I and II certifications through or approved by Arkansas Fire Academy
Five (5) points shall be awared for Arkansas Paramedic License or Nationally Registered Paramedic
Two (2) points shall be awarded for Arkansas EMT License
Candidates must provide copies of Firefighter I, Firefighter II and Paramedic / EMT license on Saturday, June 30th after passing the physical agility test in order to receive the Educational/Vocational Qualification points. It is your responsibility to make sure that the Firefighter I and Firefighter II is Arkansas certified, if you have any questions please contact the Arkansas Fire Academy. All Paramedic / EMT license must be current (not expired), if you have any questions regarding your license please contact the Arkansas Department of Health.
The City of Conway is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religions, sex, national origin, marital or veteran status, political status, disability status, or legally protected status. Females and minorities are encouraged to apply.